Beta Flight National

"I am so very proud of Mike, and to a lesser degree, Scott"

Friday, January 14, 2005

I am a wrestling psychic!

I was just looking up some of my old RSPW posts on Google Groups, and found my predictions for the 1997 Survivor Series, made on July 7, of that year. I thought this section looked noteworthy:
WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
Shawn Michaels v. Bret Hart -- winner: Bret
If Bret isn't already champion at this point, then he'll have the
opportunity to take the belt on Canadian soil and force the WWF
President into letting him back into the USA to defend the belt. Bret'll
get the win, of course, since he's in "God's Country". Since Shawn won't
want to win clean, I foresee a screwjob.
Well, I was wrong about a lot of things in that post, but right about the screwjob anyway.

Also, in another post, I was complaining about Triple H being mired in a mid-card feud over the worthless European title and arguing that he should be moved up to the world-title picture, despite the perception that he wasn't main-event caliber. Six and a half years later, he's won 10 world titles, married Vince's daughter, and won't get off my TV. I'm regretting what I said.

Also, some guy asked why the Canadian nickel has the queen on the back and a beaver on the front, and I said it was because the queen was a real cunt. I think that joke holds up nicely.

5 Comments:

At 11:17 AM, Blogger Marlene said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger Peter Lynn said...

Mike, don't freak out just because Marlene's name appeared on a comment, because that doesn't mean she's been granted posting rights. Anyone with a Blogger account can post non-anonymous comments.

However, if the issue is that she's simply reading the site at all, then I'm not sure how to fix that. But I do have to agree that, much as I like Marlene, the whole wives and girlfriends thing seems a little non-Beta Flight.

I confess, however, that people I know have gotten curious and clicked on the Beta Flight link (and subsequently been nonplussed at what seems to be -- and is -- a big inside joke). Would you prefer that I delete my link, or at least make it invisible so that I can still navigate here easily but no one else can?

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Scott said...

Wow. You didn't know that other people have access to the internet, Mike? It's a good thing we were able to give you a heads up on this one. It could've lead to you doing something really embarrassing.

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Scott said...

I think the goal of having all 3 Beta Flight members in the same room is a worthy one. It also reminds me that I'd like to put forward a Beta Flight motion (In an official Beta Flight memo) that at least once a year we engage in an official Beta Flight conference call. Perhaps sometime around the beginning of the new year would do. I remember the last time we pulled that off from our different spots around the country and it seemed just the thing.

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger Peter Lynn said...

A fine idea.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home