Beta Flight National

"I am so very proud of Mike, and to a lesser degree, Scott"

Monday, May 30, 2005

Oh man, I was so wasted.

With particular reference to the prose and speech style of old-time wrestlers such as George Hackenschmidt and the aforementioned George Dinnie, Mike and I have recently been discussing how people in the olden days seem to have been better spoken and more flowery in their speech.

With that in mind, I just ran across a little something in the same spirit, something written in the eighth century by a very apologetic Chinese fellow who'd recently had a bit too much to drink:
'Yesterday, having drunk too much, I was so intoxicated as to pass all bounds; but none of the rude and coarse language I used was uttered in a conscious state. The next morning, after hearing others speak on the subject, I realised what had happened, whereupon I was overwhelmed with confusion and ready to sink into the earth with shame.'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home