Beta Flight National

"I am so very proud of Mike, and to a lesser degree, Scott"

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

My baby ... my baby.

I'm not sure if you guys are keeping up with the WWE these days, but they're running a classy angle where Kane impregnated Lita, and this recently ended in a miscarriage when Kane was hit by a chair by some jobber named Gene Snitsky and fell on Lita's stomach. Then she fell off the ring apron, clutched her stomach and moaned, "My baby ... my baby" while D'Lo Brown looked on helplessly.

Wait. That last part was Terri Runnels in 1999.

Anyway, I thought I'd pass on this little bit from Scott Keith's Raw rant. The last bit made me laugh out loud:
And now, what we've all been waiting for: An interview with "Babykiller" Gene Snitsky! It's not his fault! They can actually keep milking this guy for a while. Give him "The Coat Hanger" or "The Abortion" as a finisher, and you're set. In fact, they could run a whole character angle for him whereby Randy Orton gets all the Divas pregnant, and week after week Snitsky attacks them and causes them to miscarry. And he can even have a catchphrase: "It's not a woman's right to choose, it's MY RIGHT TO CHOOSE!" That's MONEY, baby.

2 Comments:

At 6:52 PM, Blogger Scott said...

That catch-phrase, delivered in an Owen Hart-esque "He's not The Lethal Weapon, I'M THE LETHAL WEAPON!" voice, would be the coolest catch-phrase ever. At the very least it made me laugh out loud too.

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger Peter Lynn said...

You'll like this: We just put out an advertorial at work featuring Batista, and while the WWE wouldn't let us use the original title of "Fight Club", they approved the second choice, "Lethal Weapon".

The guy at work who writes the advertorials pretty much knows nothing about wrestling (and it's odd that we let him write these ads, when there are other marketers who are huge fans), so he had no idea who Steve Blackman was when I explained to him why I was so surprised that the WWE would sign off on "Lethal Weapon" for an ad about Batista.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home